Friday, January 12, 2007

ZZZzzzz... wha?

[Sighs] Why can I never find the happy medium? First, insomnia. Now, I can hardly stay awake. Well, for the last two days anyway.

But I'm bored of whinging about my sleeping habits (hmm, maybe that's what's sending me to sleep? And anyone else who reads this thing, probably. That and recycling the the same formula for three posts). So, what else can I write about?

[Ponders at length]

A-ha! I remember, there actually was something I thought of blogging about. A few weeks ago. Something other than me, for once.

I was in Stafford over Christmas and saw this stupid logo (at bottom of first page) and slogan on the side of a South Staffs Water van. "Your water. Safe in our hands", it said, beside two cupped hands holding some water. Is it just me, or does anyone else instantly picture water trickling through fingers, or money trickling through fingers like water? Two associations I would have thought a company in an industry notorious for leakage, money wasting and money extorting would be keen to avoid. And then there's the phrase "Your water." Surely, that's just taunting their customers? It makes it sound like stolen property.

Well, that was dull. Probably, on reflection, why I didn't blog about it over Christmas. Bugger.


Oh, nearly forgot, I've updated the Random musings post (link included for the hard of scrolling*).


*Not that I'm suggesting that anyone I know** falls into that category. Just being whimsical.
**If there is anyone else reading this, then I probably do mean you. Yes, you. If you couldn't be bothered to comment, I don't think it's unfair to assume you're too lazy to scroll, is it? In which case, why am I pandering to your apathy? Grrr. Lazy hypothetical git! Making me waste precious seconds of my life... [wanders off muttering like Muttley].

4 comments:

Dave said...

Sorry, only just found this blog (via Taiga's blogroll). I entirely agree with your comments about water. Very well put.

miss-cellany said...

I do like your blog, had not read it for far too long and 'tis very funny...
if this is the start of blogging 'traffic' can i bagsy the role as lollypop lady? Don't quite know how that will work, but I shall now go away and ponder that idea in my own blog so that i don't use up too much (cyber) space.
xx

Occasional Poster of Comments said...

>>if this is the start of blogging 'traffic' can i bagsy the role as lollypop lady?<<

I love that idea :)

Hmm... Nope, I have no idea how that would work either.

Maybe you could have a lollipop (whatever the spelling is) as your little blogging picture thingy?

Occasional Poster of Comments said...

Dave, I fear I worked for Consumer Council for Water for far, far too long [shudders].